Sunday, August 30, 2009

Entitlement

It has been a while since my last post. Things have been so incredibly busy that I have found it hard to make time to write. As usual much of my time has been spent on airplanes. I was in Detroit and Minneapolis most recently. I try to keep to myself on airplanes. I am either reading or sleeping usually. However, this last trip proved to be different. On two different occasions I set next to gentlemen who wanted to chat.

Un-prompted both started discussing youth and entitlement. The first guy expressed to me how his son expected dad to buy him things without appreciating how much they cost. "It is as if he thinks, he is entitled," he stated. The second guy went on and on about how teenagers have no work ethic. "They just show up and expect to get paid." Both looked at me and asked, "Is this my fault?"

Entitlement... It is a disease. It is spreading faster and is more real then swine flu. It poisons our children and our businesses. I cannot find one thing that I am entitled to receive. If I want to grow in wealth, health, happiness, I must be willing to sacrifice. I must be willing to work hard and smart.

Entitlement will not have my children. They are learning to sacrifice for their opportunities in life. They are learning to work hard and smart. They are learning to make good decisions and respect what God has given them.

Grant Magers
CEO
Moola Monsters, LLC
www.moolamonsters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment